Dollar Spot @ Target
- File Folders (3/$1) - all sorts of pretty bright colors (I took all of them and I'm going to make a cool color scheme in my Desk Apprentice)
- Binder Dividers (5/$1) - pretty primary colors or shades of pink
- Green Pencil Caddy - (3rd grade color is green); this particular one will be on my writing table
- Foam Manipulative Clocks
- Tabletop Pocket charts - I got 2 so I could have one for both differentiated levels of Words Their Way
- Basic pocket chart - will use for lunch cards or something
- Colorful magazine holders - someone I follow had their pictures of their classroom where they had the cute pink and black ones. Well, whoever it was, inspired me so thank you!!! I got the same black ones but instead of pink I got green. I will steal your idea of alternating them. EXCEPT, I don't need them for students (I already have theirs), I got them for reading groups and I will store their materials and books for reading groups in there.
- Cute sticky note pads
- Non-teacher related stuff: scrub pads, dishtowels, bulk snacks
I got 3M Command hooks (6pks were on sale for 5 dollars). I am getting these to put in my walk-in closet so kids can put their backpacks and coats in there. We are getting cubbies with all of our new furniture and classroom but as you will see next week when I FINALLY get in there, they aren't practical for a coat and backpack.
Dollar StoreI went to the food container aisle and decided that I can use the plastic food storage in my classroom!
6pk of the small round ones (would use for fruit or something) - I plan on putting money, counters, and other small school supplies in
Then they had these (120 oz?) flat ones that would be perfect for putting cookies in - I'm going to use them for loose leaf, construction paper, etc.
Anyway, I know a lot of other teachers have blogged about some of these options, but my Dollar Spot at Target is normally CLEARED out, so I was happy that it was full today. Although, they need to make those aisles bigger.
CLASSROOM UPDATE: At the moment, I can get in for about ten minutes at a time. They are painting still, and when they aren't in there my room is the hub/cleaning supply holding facility for everything that the company owns. Literally, supplies of theirs are EVERYWHERE. But because there is a lot of storage and cabinets, they are letting me briefly bring in things and put in cabinets where it is out of sight out mind. So in my ten minutes today I:
1. Rearranged the shelf levels in one cabinet so that I had a taller space for my new book boxes
2. Took my new goodies out of Target bags and placed them on the shelves
3. Drew a quick drawing of my classroom layout on the board so I could get things right in my head, but maybe the construction workers will see it and use it when they bring my stuff in!
Well, I'm off to play with my kitten and eat dinner! Goodnight bloggers!